World Guacamole Day
Today is the perfect day to indulge in the world’s tastiest dip, Guacamole!
Made from avocados, this fruit originates from Mexico and central America. Commonly eaten as a side-dish, guacamole has been a part of traditional Mexican cuisine since the time of the Aztecs.
Avocados have several health benefits, including being packed with a large amount of fibers, incredibly nutritious, lowers cholesterol and triglyceride levels and contains more potassium than bananas!
These are all excuses to celebrate World Guacamole Day. There are hundreds of ways to prepare guacamole. Some people prefer a simple taste with salt and pepper and other prefer to spice it up with onion, garlic, cumin, cilantro or even store brought- salsa. Traditionally guacamole is served with tortilla chips but can also be used with am even healthier option of carrot sticks.
Here's a way to make your day easier and provide you a super delicious and easy guacamole recipe.
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 Fresh Red Chili
- 3 Ripe Avocados
- 1 Handful Coriander
- 6 Ripe Cherry Tomatoes
- Olive oil
- 2 Limes
- Tortilla Chips
- 10 min
- 1. Peal the onion and deseed the chili pepper. Finely chop both and place into a large bowl.
- 2. Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone. Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado into a bowl.
- 3. Roughly chop the coriander and the tomatoes.
- 4. Use a juicer to juice the limes (try SQ Professional's K-MOJO DigiMaster Food Processor – with the citrus juicer attachment on for the perfect result).
- 5. Leave some chili and coriander aside and add the remaining ingredients into a bowl along with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Blend all the ingredients together until smooth (for a quick and easier result we recommend SQ Professional's MegaBlend from the MegaRange)
- 7. Place the Guacamole into a serving bowl and top of with the coriander and chili.
- 8. Use the tortilla chips to dip.
- 9. Enjoy your Guacamole Day!
TIP: It’s hard to stop guacamole from turning brown ... but you can slow it down. Use Hass avocados, add lime juice to your guacamole, cover the mixture with plastic directly on its surface, and keep it cold.